Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 12, 2009

How to Apply for APPSC Group 1 Civil services?

Hi,

Being a former (earlier)APPSC Group I candidate, I cleared it in the first attempt as a non-local candidate! I worked as a Group I officer for a few months and then resigned to join as an HR consultant.
However, I still cherish the time I spent as a Group I officer. It makes you responsible, disciplined and gain self-control. Many candidates, when they apply for this exam, think that they can earn a lot and need not work because Govt. employees have no work at all.
Let me tell you that it is a very wrong notion to think such things. As a Group I officer, you need to prepare yourself to wake up early, keep a daily update of what is happening in Andhra Pradesh, in India and outside. You need to know all about the politics, parties in the area that you would be working.
Anyway, all that comes later. Firstly, your work begins from the day you fill out the APPSC Group I application. you should be ready with the study material withing 2-3 days of applying for the exam.
Then comes question of joining a study circle. Next you need to figure out what books to refer, where to buy, what to study, how to study, how much time of the day should you prepare, if you are working and studying, how much time would be sufficient, how to prepare the notes and so on.
For this purpose, I am writing a series of articles in www.associatedcontent.com; the link to which I will update here in my blog when it is published there.
Moreover, I would like to be helpful by answering your queries as best as possible. I devoted 2 years to prepare for this exam. It used to get postponed during our time, hence, we needed lot of patience and dedication to stay on our GOALS- to pass the exam in the first attempt with the highest score possible.